[tcs-lc] Proposal: revise ObjectType names in TCS

Gregor Hagedorn G.Hagedorn at BBA.DE
Mon Sep 19 12:25:51 PDT 2005

When thinking about how TCS components would integrate into a larger modular
schema (encompassing name, concept, collection, descriptive data, perhaps
entire online-flora-fauna-monographs), I believe that the core object type
names in TCS should be revised.

At the meeting in St. Petersburg, "Voucher" (a role name specific
to the relation of a specimen to taxon name or concept) was already discussed,
and renaming it to "Specimen" was accepted.

I believe similarly, "NameObject" and "RelationshipAssertions" are too general
and depend on the context of being embedded inside TCS.

I propose to rename them to TaxonNameObject and TaxonRelationshipAssertions.

Gregor

Gregor Hagedorn (G.Hagedorn at bba.de)
Institute for Plant Virology, Microbiology, and Biosafety
Federal Research Center for Agriculture and Forestry (BBA)
Königin-Luise-Str. 19           Tel: +49-30-8304-2220
14195 Berlin, Germany           Fax: +49-30-8304-2203