[seek-kr-sms] KR Ontology Needs

sgauch@ittc.ku.edu sgauch at ittc.ku.edu
Wed Sep 8 10:01:28 PDT 2004

The interactions between ontologies and keywords is one of great interest
to me.  I would be happy to contribute to this discussion and development
in any way.  The general area of conceptual search is my particular
favorite.  Joana Trajkova is looking for Ph.D. topics that relate to SEEK
and something tying ontologies to search to science would be an
appropriate area.

The main difficulty I see is that I am not familiar enough with
biodiversity applications to see where this ties in.  What fundamentally
textual resources exist that need to searched?  So, the first step for me
would be articulating some realistic (and hard!) use cases.

Susan.