[seek-dev] Howto for deploying ogsa web service.

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Tue Aug 30 08:08:26 PDT 2005

Hi.  I believe this should rightly be addressed to Jing, but if anybody
else can help, please respond.

I'm trying to deploy the ecogrid Digir web service on a development box
and am having no ends of trouble.  So far I have accomplished this:

1) installed globus toolkit 3.2.1 (as user globus)
2) installed the SimpleCA
3) generated host key/cert
4) installed tomcat 4.1.31 (as user tomcat)
5) generated user key/cert for user tomcat
6) co seek/projects/ecogrid into personal workspace

The ecogrid build_digir.xml does not seem completely formed, but ant
does seem to build a gar file in build/lib/.

I then as root,

 cd $GLOBUS_LOCATION
ant -Dtomcat.dir=/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31
-Dgar.name=/home/kruland/ecogrid/build/lib/org.ecoinformatics.ecogrid.EcoGridQueryInterfaceLevelOne.DigirImpl.gar
redeployTomcat

This copies tons of jar files into the tomcat distribution, and creates
a webapp.  The web-app is not completely well formed because the
org.ecoinformatics....Digir jar files are not included.  And comparing
to the gar produced by buildsrb.xml it does look completely wacky.

Is there a concise reference which I can follow for building a gar file
correctly?  Also, a description of what a proper deployment of a grid
service should look like

Thanks

Kevin