[seek-dev] Http binding for get operation

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Sep 30 17:18:57 PDT 2003

Hi, Matt:

These two days I am doing the research how to handle the http binding for
get operation.

To my understanding http binding (get/post) doesn't need stub and skeleton
at all.(And it seemed globus doesn't support generating wsdl and binding
from gwsdl file too. See the last sentence in programmer guide/getting
started/writing aservice/step1). So put the portType for get operation
into a gwsdl makes no sense. (I took a look other wsdl2java tool, such as
JBroker web, they said they don't support http binding either).

So in globus, there is no tool for http binding. We probably have two
1) Change get operation to soap binding.
2) Write our own tools or even just some necessary java files(or other
files) with token and copy to build directory.

Thanks for comment!

Jing

--
Jing Tao