[seek-dev] Re: Wow- It works!

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Nov 21 09:37:08 PST 2003

Hi, Rod:

Yes, I had one. But now I am messing it with the get method. I am not sure
it works. But at least, the query method should work.

1) update your ecogrid directory.
2) in ecogrid directory run "ant gar" as a regular user.
3) in gt3 home directory run "ant deploy
-Dgar.name=yourecogriddirectory/build/lib/
org.ecoinformatics.ecogrid.EcogridSoap.MetacatImpl.gar" as globus user
4) in gt3 home directory run "ant deployTomcat
-Dtomcat.dir=yourtomcathomedir" as globus user.
5) restart tomcat
6) create instance in gt3/lib by run "./ogsi-create-service
http://localhost:8080/ogsa/services/org/ecoinformatics/ecogrid/MetacatFactoryService
metacat"
7) in ecogrid dircotry run "ant runClient"

Pretty complicated :). I tried to combine step 2, 3 and 4 into same
build.xml file. But there is some permission issue I need to figure out. I
will do it later.

I am in the irs seek channel, if you have any question just let me know.

Hope this is helpful.

Jing

--
Jing Tao